Before accessing any pdf documents on Techstreet you will need to download and install the FileOpen plugin. To install the plugin:
1. Go to the Techstreet homepage http://libezproxy.nait.ca/login?url=https://subscriptions.techstreet.com
2. Scroll down the page to where it says Tools. Click on Install FileOpen. Install the appropriate version to your computer or device.
If you have installed the FileOpen plugin and see either the screen below or a white screen, you may need to make adjustments to your browser settings in order for the pdf to open and display properly.
For Google Chrome:
1. Click on the three dots in the top right hand of your browser
2. A drop down menu will appear on screen. Click on “Settings”
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page, and click on “Advanced”
4. Look for the section “Privacy and security” and click on the “Site settings” box
5. Scroll down to close to the bottom of the "Content settings" page until you see "PDF documents"
6. Click on the box. Make sure the button next to the text is toggled on
7. You may need to clear the cache and exit browser for changes to take effect. To clear the cache - go back to the "Privacy and Security" box and click on "Clear browsing data", and then "clear data".
1. Check settings to ensure Adobe is the default viewer not Preview. To configure Safari to use Adobe's plug-in:
2. You may need to reload or exit browser for changes to take effect.